~ Self-Help Morsels From Artist ALICIA M B BALLARD To you. ~ ©2006/07/08/09/10/11

Saturday, August 25, 2007

=
Notes on what
Purpose, Love, Happiness and Abundance
mean to me

+
Purpose
=
Purpose is to wake up with a feeling of meaning, a feeling of contribution, building, beautifying, elevating… a feeling of joy in the knowledge that what I do in important – has meaning.

Purpose is a deliberate “feeling of determination” of something to be done well for myself but, also as importantly for others – as in “service” – to a higher common well being, evolution.

Purpose is to love someone (and/or many) with loyalty, compassion, understanding – in truth.

Purpose is to grow in love with, in communion with, spiritually, emotionally and physically with a beloved and loving partner .

Purpose is sharing the depth of my thoughts and feelings in my writing.

Purpose is to express myself creatively in my paintings knowing they will elicit a smile, a second playful look, perhaps soon with new works, even some deep thinking… change.

Purpose is to place each bead in my individually designed jewelry pieces to bring joy, hope or just a fleeting moment of distraction from a weary heart.

Purpose is being spontaneously mindful of all that surrounds me.

Purpose is to have love in my heart and freeing it for the Universe to engage…
=

=
Love
=
Love is a feeling of belonging safely, in warmth and trust, loyalty and honesty to a group (family or friends) or, most importantly now, to a special partner.

Love is being filled with compassion for one another.

Love is acceptance of how others are – and one IS – warts and all.

Love is a “place” of solace and rest – of nurture.

Love begins and ends with respect for one another.

Love is kind, embracing, playful and profound at the same time.

Love feeds my strength, my confidence, my determination, my purpose.

Love brings a smile to my heart – as a lovely melody.

Love teaches me without shaming me.

Love is a dance of give and take.

Love is to grow in love with, in communion with, spiritually,
emotionally and physically with a beloved and loving partner .
=

=

Happiness

= Happiness is feeling healthy.

Happiness is having "all my ducks in a row".

Happiness is a feeling of peace in the knowledge that I am loved and I am not alone.

Happiness is when I am free to give and receive also abundantly.

Happiness is hearing the waves of the ocean, seeing the water swell… and crash.

Happiness is looking into the face of a loved one and seeing a smile.

Happiness is looking into the eyes of others/strangers and know that I have somehow made a difference, maybe even changed their day.

Happiness is hearing a song singed with passion.

Happiness is having my “dream” partner by my side. :)

Happiness is having love, purpose and abundance interwoven in it.

Happiness is – just a moment of laughter, the sound of a piano or a violin played with emotion and grace, an airplane flying, a boat sailing, a piece or place of beauty…

Happiness is to do as I please, to choose as I please.

Happiness is feeling loved by those I love.
=

=
Abundance

Abundance is having loving, gracious friends.

Abundance is having the ability to share generously from my own “plenty”.

Abundance is Italian shoes and handbags ….

Abundance is travel and charity.

Abundance is travel and conservation/ecology.

Abundance is the enjoyment in the partaking of the Arts.

Abundance is having friends around the table to share in warm friendship, intelligent conversation, plenty of good food, good wine and time.

Abundance is to have “in the bar” at least one bottle of Scotch, Frangelico, Khalua, Bailey’s, Sligovica, Palinka, Rum, Cognac, Port, Campary, Advocaat, Vodka, Vermouth, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Gris, Ice wine, Champagne…. etc., etc.. (Being only an occasional social drinker! He-he... lol)

Abundance is having a sound car and driving it without preoccupations of any kind.

Abundance is having a spacious home to fully live in – where all activities can be carried out in comfort – and having the means to take care of its upkeep.

Abundance is having a spirit open to give and take generously – both ways/in - out…

Abundance is having a flexible, forgiving nature/character, goal.

Abundance is having support and sincere help from others to succeed.
=
© 2007
==

=

Author Caroline Myss suggests in her CD "Power to Create, from Wishful Thinking to True Manifestation", that most of the time we ask for meaningless "generalities" without really having an understanding of what we want. We are too vague!
In order to obtain what we want - one of the important things - we must do, is name them.
Merely wishing for "purpose", "happiness", "love" or "abundance" does not signify anything, as they have a very broad meaning.
Defining - naming - them as we understand them for ourselves, is what brings us closer to their attainment.
=
- originally posted in in May 07

4 comments:

Margie said...

Beautiful flowers, beautiful words....from BEAUTIFUL Alicia.

Thank you my dear!
Loved this very much!

Love you too!
Your friend,

Margie:)
xxxxxxx

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Love you back... :)
xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

There's nothing more I'd love to see than pictures of beautiful flowers and sceneries.

Amazing creations.

smiLes

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

thank you leaving word Gladiezz
Glad to have been able to contribute.... :)